Monday, August 2, 2010

My finds

Today I stopped in at another natural food store, The Olive Branch.  I had a few minutes to waste and was looking for something low cal with no artificial sugars to drink.  Above is a picture of my finds: A zevia soda, stevia extract, and go greens
I've had the zevia (soda made with stevia rather than artificial sweeteners or sugars) sodas before in orange but decided to go with a cola there.  OK, they had no orange; only coke and ginger ale,  I  love coke, diet coke, pepsi whatnot, but after that the other "cokes" are hands down just not the same.   This was true of my zevia coke.  Even 2 plus weeks without a coke and I could tell it wasn't the same.   It wasn't bad and I will probably drink it again.  It was just light and NOT THE REAL THING.   I do recommend the orange though.

I was pleasantly surprised by my next pick; the go greens.  I mixed it into my water bottle and drank it down.  I am not too sure how to describe it.  The predominating flavor was apple but it does not taste like apple juice.  It tasted better than apple juice to me.  My only complaint was it was a little gritty.  However, that being said, I've been spending the last few minites checking out their webpage and amazon's page because I am considering buying more!   Its such a refreshing and healthy change from plain water and since I can't drink crystal light anymore it fits the bill.
For more information about Go greens and their other products follow this link


The last thing I bought was the Sweet Leaf Peppermint extract.  They had a number of flavors but I figured mint was safe (They have chocolate).  I also want to use it in a shake.  The woman at the Olive Branch states she used it in her water.  She says the typical "serving size" is 5-8 drops.  I tried it in my water when I went walking this evening.   I had way more than a serving size of water but only used 10 drops.  The jury's still out on this one.  I think I am going to have to do some more experimenting.  Cost wise I think I should of stuck to McCormick's mint extract.

2 comments:

  1. Go Green huh? I will have to check that out. I've been dying since I gave up my Crystal Light. I like water, but 10 glasses a day, day in and day out, gets tiresome on the taste buds. Thanks for sharing, can't wait to try some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you've sold me. I'm going to have to get some. Once I'm able to kick the "crack" habit LOL

    ReplyDelete