Thursday, July 29, 2010

The dreaded D word

The DietAlign Center

This week I started *cue ominous music* The Diet. I've had good success with weight watchers and south beach in the past but I just wasn't feeling it. You know?

I decided I wanted to do slim-fast but a week previous I had been to the doctor's office and she told me, "No artificial sweeteners." WHAT!?! No more diet coke? no more yogurt with aspartame, no more low calorie sweet foods, no more sobe drinks. They had coupons I've been printing out by the millions all summer long at their webpage. I thought I was doomed. I was kinda burnt out and wanted to do something "easy" hence the slim fast idea.


My biggest hurdle was the drinks. I cannot live without my drink! I started by making iced tea, but not just any old iced tea. Since it couldn't have sugar in it it I made a combo of chai and mint tea (both decalf). I brewed the tea and stuck in in the fridge. I also drank a ton of water. But, woman cannot live on water alone!
This was actually pretty good.

So, step one down--drinks.
Step two-- a shake and snacks to replace slim-fast with no artifical sweeteners.

I hit my local natural food store, Raisin Rack, and headed to the aisle with the protein powders and picked up a few samplers. I wound up getting the following:



I chose vanilla since I thought it would work well with blending in fruits and what not. I am on day four and will share the recipies I've tried so far in future posts.







In addition to the 2 shakes a day I am also have 2 snacks a day which for right now are snack bars (since I am mirroring slim-fast and for ease). I picked Luna Bars for women. My favorites this far ( and I am a chocolate freak but its not chocolate) are Lemon Zest and Iced Oatmeal Raisin. While writing this I just noticed they have a chai tea one i am going to have to check out.

The plus side of this, 4 days in, is ease and I don't really have to think. I make the shakes the night before. Refrigerate one for the am and freeze one for lunch and grab two bars! We'll see how the weight loss goes this week. A week that included my Father-in-law's birthday dinner at Longhorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment